Ethnic wear has always attracted pretty girls be it colorful kurta & patiala to long skirts, from Aanarkali suits to the sarees in rich colors. Here are few tips as how can you make your wardrobe dazzle with the ethnic collection.
1) Kurta – Any ethnic wear is impossible with a kurta. You have a vast choice of kurtas like you can buy straight cut or Anarkali kurta. You can buy short, long kurta. You also have the option of full sleeve or half-sleeve kurta. As far as the fabric is concerned you can make the collection of cotton, kashmiri, Chiffon and last but not the least silk. You can choose from the vast variety of choices available like white, cream, red. I generally prefer solid colors as compared to the patterns. White kurta with pink dupatta would do great with any complexion.
2) Leggings— Gone are the days when you were dependant on the tailors to get a perfect chudidaar. Although the fitting use to be horrible sometimes but at that time we had no option. These days we have leggings made up of time knit fabric and yes they are available in all the colors. Few basic colors would be black, brown, white but I would suggest you to try green, pink, yellow etc as these colors go great with solid as well as patterned upper wear.
3) Patiala – These are one of the oldest forms of salwaar and it had it origin from the city in Punjab of the same name. Those who feel tight and suffocated in leggings can try these as these are very comfortable. Many leading actresses including kareena kapoor have flaunted this in various films. One thing you should keep in mind is the fabric. Satin silk and loose cotton silks are the best option. Patiala again would be great in lively colors like red and yellow.
4) Salwar Suits – Once you are done with the things mentioned above then straight away look for an event where you can show off with your salwar suit. Try some mix and match patterns like go for Straight cut kurta with Chudidaar or Short kurta along with Patiala. Select a pattern as per your body type. This would definitely envy your friends and acquaintances.
5) Dupatta –Dupatta is essential for every salwar suit and it plays a very vital role in overall look. You have a vast array of choices like bandhani dupatta, leheriya and many more. Dupattas from Rajasthan are a must for every Indian girl. Lot of experiments could be carried out with embroidered, hand worked dupattas. The list is endless.
6) Long Skirts– Long and knee-length ethnic skirts are the most sought after ehnic wear. It’s a boon for those who don’t want to dress in a western outfit and yet look stylish. Recall Kareena Kapoor in the film ‘Yuva’. In most of the scenes she wore a long skirt and my god, what did she look. Long Skirts also come in denims which go well with cotton tops or designer kurtas. Blue, yellow and green colors are the best option. Soft fabric, denims and satins are comfortable and trendy.
Ladies still waiting?? Make a list of purchases and hit the shopping mall and fill your wardrobe with stylish, trendy and yet ethnic wears.